PART-TIME, CONTRACTOR - 20 Hours/Week
This is a part-time wine sales position with a flexible start date which may require some evenings and weekends. Our winery is looking for team members who can become part of the family, share our passion for artisanal wines, and convey that passion and our story to our accounts and clients. Some responsibilities include developing, growing and maintaining relationships with restaurants and wine retail shops, providing professional service to customers, and learning about wine. Wine Industry and/or Hospitality Industry experience is not necessary but a plus. A strong, resourceful character, however, is a must. Thank you for your interest!
- Demonstrate consultative sales abilities through successful presentations of product, the promotion of new and existing portfolio items, and identifying further opportunity for deepening client relationships.
- Participate in sales meetings, on-site training, and wine production to remain educated in company policy and industry trends/developments.
- Performing lead research to find new sales opportunities in San Francisco Bay Area market.
- Responding to client emails and phone calls.
- Assist customers with inventory management responsibilities (product availability/new product placement and rotation of stock).
- Perform other work related duties and special projects as assigned (i.e. wine tastings, on-premises events, outside sales events, etc.)
- Present self with integrity, professionalism, and commitment to Eristavi Winery salesperson responsibilities and policies.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills.
- Proven abilities to develop selling and promotion strategies targeted to enhance wine sales within an account.
- Proven track record of successful selling.
- General wine knowledge and familiarity with wines.
- Hospitality or Sales experience preferred.
- Ability to work with management, colleagues, and customers throughout the business and industry at every level.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) environment.
- BA or equivalent.
- Sales experience: 2+ years.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Knowledge of winemaking processes and varietals a plus.
- Lift and carry a 35+ pound case of product on a repetitive basis.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Tasting Room Associate
PART-TIME, CONTRACTOR - 10 Hours/Week
Expectations for this part-time role are as follows:
- Provide world class hospitality to everyone that visits
- Represent the winery in a professional manner at all times
- Inform and educate guests about the Eristavi brand
Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a high level of customer service and professionalism providing guests with an outstanding experience and exceeding expectations
- Build brand awareness and consumer loyalty and positively reflect the brand image at all times
- Proficient use of the point of sale system
- Work clean and efficiently behind the tasting room bar while multi-tasking
- Convey the Eristavi Winery message clearly and accurately
- Ability to speak in front of groups
- Assess situations, take the initiative and problem solve in a timely manner
- Effectively promotes and sells wine and Wine Club memberships to customers
- BA or equivalent
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- At least two years of winery or hotel experience
- Strong computer proficiency and data entry experience, basic to intermediate knowledge of Word and Excel preferred
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 35+ pounds